Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
- This blog has moved to vosloo.net!
- 10 Global Trends in ICT and Education: my take
- A good year on Slideshare
- 2010 HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation Digital Media and Learning Competition
- 2009: A year in review
- m-Novels on the rise
- Launch of Kontax, a teen m-novel
- Three ideas for mlearning in Africa
- Engaging low-income markets through participatory media
- Been working on mLearning Africa (and been in Zambia)